Saturday, January 4, 2020

George Family Update 2020



Hello Family and friends we’re only a few days away from the start of a new year and as I, (John) look back over this year it has been one of our busiest years in a very long time. So many new adventures and some very hard challengers, but above all we have seen the faithfulness of the Lord.

I first what to thank all of you who have been supporting us as a family and those that have partnered with us making it possible for us to be part of God’s story here in the nation of Belize.

As a family we are moving into new, uncharted waters as we are on the door of the teen years.  Princes Evangeline will be turning 13 this year and the other two are not that far behind. Evangeline has been a huge help at the dance studio-helping out with the 5/6 year old classes (Pre-Ballet).  She also enjoys cooking and loves horses.

Naomi will be turning 11 next year and is also helping out at the dance studio.  She continues to excel in music and loves animals.
Charlotte will be turning 8 next year and is light years ahead of her age. Her ability to process information and communicate her thoughts is very amazing.
Patti continues to be the most amazing women on planet earth 


Soccer Ministry
God continues to amaze us with the doors that have open for me to have a greater level of influence through sports. Our football academy continues to do very well and is still the stand of youth development in the nation. this year was a very historic year for us as 4 of our U15 players are part of the National U15 team. and 7 of our players where apart of our District Selection that represented Belize in the CODICADER Central American games held in Costa Rica. They made history by winning the tournament. 11 of our U15 players have done very well in representing their Nation on the international stage. Out of the 11 players 8 of them started their football career here at Valencia YWAM BOYZ F.A.
I am also the assistant coach for the National  U15 boys and earlier this month I was named the second highest qualified coach in the nation. Also I have just been given a new level of responsibility to become a Coach Instructor. Having the ability to coach the coaches that will be training the next generation of football players.  As we look forward to 2020 I have been named and the head coach for the National U16 team.







Schools Ministry:

In December, I spoke to students from the largest government High school in the nation of Belize all 4th form students it was an amazing time with the kids. My topic was "Employability Skills and Leadership". During my talk with the students, I challenged them not to just sit there and take everything I’m telling them but to always be hungry for truth. It was a really great talk about the skills needed to be employable but when I started to talk about leadership I could see they were having a hard time with what I was saying. I knew that many of them did not have a good example of a leader or even knew with makes a good leader.

I felt the Holy Spirit leading me to talk about Fathers being the first model of leadership in our lives. The more I dive into it the more I could see the pain and the hurts many of them had. At the end of my time, one of the young ladies came to the side and sat with me and we kept talking for a long time. She told me about not having a father figure in her life and that she has put up walls around her heart because she was badly hurt by someone she thought loved her. The more we talked the greater the pain until she wasn’t able to deal with it anymore and just walked away but not before I prayed with her.  She wasn’t ready to face the reality of dealing with the pain.   Please pray with us for her to know the love of Jesus! This young lady is but one of many youth in the nation that goes through life everyday with so much pain.


The Dance Studio:

Our dance studio continues to grow.  Who would have thought when I took over the studio in 2008, I would still be doing it 12 years later!  What a privilege to serve my beautiful Belize and inspire many kids to dance! This year we have been able to implement an Apprentice Program.  This program is geared specifically towards training our Junior Company girls to be future teachers!  I was pleasantly surprised by the excitment and eagerness to learn from these amazing girls!  Many have danced with us for years and years and so to see them turn around and pass on their knowledge and start imparting to younger dancers blessed my heart!  We also did choreography class which was new for me, but again, I was blown away by their creativity and eagerness to create.  Please continue to pray for the studio that we would raise up strong young women to help continue the arts in Belize!







PARTNER WITH US

Would you consider partnering with us monthly?  Please either click on the links on this blog or email us at: influencenations@gmail.com.  

Thank you!!

The Georges

No comments:

Post a Comment