Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Update from John


Hey family I pray that this message fines you in good spirits and that it can encourage you to keep us in your prayers as often as we come to your hearts and mind.

You know for us here in Belize it’s been a real eye opener to see what God is doing and how He wants to move. How much He depends on us to accomplish his work here on earth. I’m humbled by it.
In the last few months doors have been open for me to step into new levels of leadership and authority, but before I share with you the new adventure we’ll be starting let me give a little recap of what we’ve been up to.

May

The month of May found me making a trip to the Dominican Republic for Youth With A Mission Caribbean Conference, which was a very powerful time. The conference finished on the 10th I got back to Belize on the 10th got off the plane my pastor pick me up we drove home, I give Patti and the girls a big hug and kiss then we jumeded in the car and went to the football field where I had to coach our under 13 football (soccer) team. It was the semi-finals and a very important Game for us to win and that we did!!! That took us into the finals, which we lost in penalty shootout but putting us in 2nd place!  An awesome victory for these kids!
Our under 17 team also made it to the finals which we won in penalty shootout. It was an amazing run and a great joy to be able to coach such amazing talent.

June

We started June with our dance studio year-end production and now we look forward to our dance  camp at the end of the month the 30th – 1st we know that it’s going to be a very powerful time for our dancers.
As I said earlier about God expanding the boards of our tent a few days after returning home from our Caribbean conference in the Dominican Republic, I got an email from the Caribbean elder Bill Landis. In the email he shared how the founders of Youth with a Mission asked him if there are any young leaders in the Caribbean that he knows of that they could pray about joining the Global Leadership Gathering young leaders tract. My name came to his heart as well as one other leader from Haiti.
The Global Leadership Gathering is the group that seeks God for direction as to where He wants to take YWAM globally. This is huge I have no idea what God is doing I’m just flowing His grace. So Patti and I prayed about this and felt God was enlarging our tent so we jumped in with both feet trusting God to lead us. On August 24th – September 4th the G.L.G. is having a conference in Singapore and I’ve been invited to attended.  I’m not sure what to expect but I’m flowing the grace of God as He Leads me.  One of the amazing blessings is the YWAM Caribbean is covering my stay in Singapore, I’m trusting God for the airfare to get there and back.
One of the words God spoke to my heart during my time in the Dominican Republic is “Release it all to Me. It’s not your load to carry it’s mine.” So as we continue to move forward in fulfilling the plans of God we know that we it’s by His strength we’ll overcome.
Love you all and please continue to keep us in your prays
Blessings
Flow the Grace
John.

1 comment:

  1. So.... Awesome! My Leader here at YWAMKC is also going to that trip! Joel McGill!! So glad your doing well pray for YWAM Belmopan and Belize often!! Miss you Guys!!!

    ReplyDelete